Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Three things I love and three things I detest...

I Love...

1.  Sushi...  Particularly Philidelphia Rolls with Unagi sauce.  I fell in love with pickled ginger while I was pregnant with the Cookie and never really fell out again.  Seaweed salad is pretty darn tasty too...as is Miso soup when it's properly hot instead of the luke warm version so many people seem to like...

2.  Tomato Mozarella Salad with Balsamic Vinagrette - though I freely admit the freshness and quality of the tomatoes make or break this dish, which is why it's best when prepared fresh out of the garden or straight home from the farmers market

3.  Warm baths - hey I never claimed this would all be about food.  Honestly though I'm a TOTAL water baby...for good reason too.  Immersion in any kind of water seems to help my joints... both because of the lessened effects of gravity and the way warm improves circulation.



I Loathe...

1. The cold - It makes me stiff and slow and achy.  Granted it gives me an excuse to buy warm fuzzy sweaters every winter, which I suppose is a good thing.  Still, living in MN the way I do December and January and February can be pretty brutal.  At least we get snow as well - and I have an excuse to make hot chocolate.  (Like I need an excuse to eat chocolate EVER).

2. The taste of coffee.  I don't mind the smell - unlike my husband who gets naseous at the merest whiff.  I like tea, apple cider and Chai...but unless it's a wee bit mixed with my hot cocoa when I really need the caffeine I will pass on coffee.  (Yes I know, my nordic ancestors are rolling over in their graves at the moment.)

3.  STUPID humor films (as opposed to those devoted to satire, irony or slapstick)  Monty Python is fine and I LOVE Eddie Izzard, Jeff Dunham, etc etc... but frankly some films I've seen I mourn(or I've out right walked out on) because I'll never be able to get back that time... You do know the type I'm referring to right? I'll leave it to you to supply the titles...

No comments:

Post a Comment