Thursday, September 16, 2010

The plain old truth...

...is that like everyone else (with EDS or a toddler or without it) I have both my good days and my bad days.

Heck let's be honest, and a bit more accurate.  Some days its not good and bad days, its good and bad MINUTES.  There are times I just hurt and nothing seems easy at all, and I totally want to throw the towel in, plop down on the couch, and let the mess of my life (not to mention my dishes) pile up in the sink.  There are days when the two flights of stairs up to our apartment's laundry room seem insurmountable but it HAS to be done because you can't let your kid go out in 40 degree weather without socks...  And so you groan, and make yourself get off the couch even if you whimper pathetically.  Sometime you endure because you HAVE to endure and so you just do.

I'm 32 years old, and I have EDS.  My pain is regularly at a six out of ten.  Despite that I'm nowhere near as bad off as my poor husband - who lives at a regular 7 or 8 and sometimes needs me to physically haul him bodily up off the floor if he manages to fall despite the cane. I AM the strong one - I am the lucky one, and what's more I have a one year old who is going to develop her whole sense of living with chronic illness from watching me.  If I want her to believe her life is wide open and despite the challenges her life can be full and wonderful and sweet, than I'm going to have to believe and live all the above myself.  Put your money where your mouth is essentially.

 But it isn't always easy, and I'd be a big fat liar to pretend otherwise.  I've had my share of nights I screamed at heaven, and I didn't always like the reply.

But I'm still here and I have a family I love and a life that's unimaginably blessed more days than its troubled.  And that's enough because I choose to MAKE it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment