Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How come a year older never FEELS a year older...

Cause honestly I don't feel any different than I did at 22, even if yesterday was the fabled day of each year when one more year of life saw fit to mug me. 32...Should I be feeling distinguished now, or just extinguished...?

:)

We've had a fun day today...  The Cookie had an Early Intervention meeting today with her PT/OT people.  (She'll have one a week on a rotating basis as long as school term is in session.)   She gets along with her two Sue's very well (yes they're both really named Sue...I think its hilarious)  - far better than with the PT person she used to have to go see at a clinic outside our home.  I think she just feels safer and more in control when she gets to be on home turf to do her exercises.  They're talking about making her some foot orthodics over the next couple of weeks...they think her ankles are a little weak/floppy due to the EDS and that's why though she's been pulling up for more than two months, she isn;t yet standing independantly, cruising much or trying to walk/pull away from whoever is holding her hands.  I have no issue trying it if it will help, though I think keeping her in the right size will be a challenge, since she's growing so fast I can barely keep her in shoes/pants that fit for more than a month at a time!

In other news, the crazy guy who married me is wrapping up another quarter in college.  I don't know if I already mentioned this or not, but he's a former soldier and Iraq War Veteran who has since finished up his term of service and is now attending school full time on the Post 9-11 GI Bill while he also looks for a job.  It's a definite challenge since he's got some physical limitations  - namely he was injured in a training accident and than not treated properly afterwards. He has permanent nerve damage now as a result and walks with a cane.  Luckily his course of study involves computers...which will limit the need for physcial labor, and he's already got a bead on a possible tutoring posituon on campus, since he maintained a 4.0 last term and looks like he'll manage the same this quarter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment