Thursday, December 2, 2010

Called on account of rain...

Well the Cookie's surgery got delayed for a week...she woke yesterday morning with a fever and what turned out to be a bad case of tonsilitis.  She was pretty miserable for awhile but seems to be doing better with lots of juice, cuddles and Motrin.  They rescheduled her for next wednesday, assuming she's fully recovered by then.  I just hope the weather's better the next ride into town.

Speaking of the weather it's get really cold here in the TC...plus slippery outside, in the somewhat dangerous sense.  It's making being mobile interesting - K's wiggly enough already that I worry about keeping a solid grip on her in transit to and from our apartment parking lot without adding concerns about my own stable footing.  As it is, both D and I have fallen more than once when NOT carrying her, despite decent attempts by the maintenance people at icing.  I keep joking with D he needs to get an ice pick tip for his cane. That won;t work for me though.  Time to restart a few old reliable joint strengthening exercises again to see if I can de-gumby myself a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment